Our Mission and Vision
Villiers Park Educational Trust helps able young people to develop a passion for learning and the study and life skills to ensure they reach their full academic potential. We are committed to fair access – ensuring able students from less advantaged backgrounds gain places at leading universities and thrive once there.
Our vision is a future in which all students experience a challenging and inspirational education, leading to increased personal achievement and an improvement in social mobility in the UK. We believe that our focus on young people with high academic potential leads to an increase in whole school culture, ethos and attainment.
Villiers Park Educational Trust has a long-standing reputation as the leading national expert in post-16 learning.
- Our transformational programmes inspire a passion for learning which enables young people to excel at school, college, university, in the workplace and throughout life
- Our innovative and challenging learning opportunities tackle the severe underachievement evident amongst so many of the most able students
- Our work with less advantaged young people is significantly improving their life chances and having a positive impact on the nation’s well being
How we achieve this
Our team of education experts has developed a range of linked programmes to support the young people we work with:
- Scholars Programme – a comprehensive pathway to empower students with high academic ability from low income backgrounds to reach their full potential
- Inspiring Excellence Programme – challenging, transformational residential courses and online provision for bright young people from across the UK which develop their passion for learning and provide an insight into the knowledge and skills needed to become an expert in a particular field
- Villiers Park INVOLVE – enhancing the school experience by empowering our students to enrich the learning community in their schools and colleges
- Shaping your Future – using our network of supporting organisations and professional alumni to provide career guidance to recent alumni
- Online Extension Activities – 210 challenging projects for able post-16 students
- Advisory Service – helping schools and colleges to reflect on their current practice and develop it so all students, including the most academically able, are stretched and challenged
- Advocacy – influencing politicians and other stakeholders to reflect on what works to bring about an improvement in social mobility through education