Approaches to English Literature: Texts and Theory
- To introduce students to a selection of literature and poetry from the work of British and American writers from across the ages.
- To help students develop critical skills in approaching literature and literary theory.
- To complete a small-scale research project by the end of the week.
- Seminars requiring prior reading and preparation, similar to university study
- A range of talks and presentations, including a trip to the theatre
- A central component will be student group work and practical participation in seminars throughout the week
Anne-Marie Evans is a lecturer in English Literature at York St John University. She specialises in American Literature, and has a vast experience of teaching at the University of Sheffield, University of Huddersfield and UCL.
Tom Dymond has also taught at the University of Sheffield. He specialises in Contemporary British Theatre and has lectured and taught on courses including Early Modern Literature, Shakespeare and British Theatre.