Cell Biology and Genetics
- To challenge and engage students in biological concepts and topics they might not have been exposed to in their academic life, via different media
- To reinforce and build on the knowledge of Biology and Genetics which the students have gained from school
- To enable students to become confident in their ability to use transferable skills
- Students must be studying Biology at A-level.
- The course will be delivered using a variety of methods, including interactive lectures, experimental work, group discussions and study orientated towards presentations.
- There will also be a visiting guest speaker and an external visit
Guy Sutton is Director of Medical Biology Interactive (MBI) and an Honorary Lecturer in Neuroscience at the University of Nottingham Medical School. He completed his first degree and PhD at the University of Cambridge.
Kimberley Hirst-Jones completed her first degree in Biological Sciences at UEA and is currently studying for a PhD in the Biomedical Sciences at the Norwich Medical School.