Sponsor a Swindon Scholar
“I doubt I would have got the grades to do my course without Villiers Park. Many friends from Swindon have given up on pursuing what they wanted to, so I thank Villiers Park for keeping me on track and letting me achieve the best I could.”
Ben, first year student, Aeronautics and Astronautics, University of Southampton
In Swindon too many young people from less advantaged backgrounds gain the right GCSEs and A-levels to go onto university – despite the fact that they have the ability to do so. Because of their low levels of aspiration and attainment, even the brightest pupils are not reaching their full potential and local companies are struggling to secure a skilled and competitive workforce.
The Villiers Park Scholars Programme sets out to address all the obstacles preventing success. It is a personalised four year pathway which develops the personal and academic skills essential to enable students to succeed.
We have launched our Sponsor a Scholar Appeal to provide continued financial support of our Scholars Programmes in Swindon. Our aim is to achieve sponsorship of 100 Scholars.
“Swindon has suffered from a lack of educational aspiration for generations, especially from less advantaged backgrounds, and Villiers Park delivers a programme that gives the young people the confidence and aspirations to fulfil their potential. The results speak for themselves and I truly believe that it is life-changing for the Scholars, their families, their localities and for employers in Swindon. I have no hesitation to support the programme and if you met any of the Scholars involved I am confident you would to.”
James Phipps, CEO, Positive Media Group
What difference will support make?
- For high ability students your support can change their lives by providing them with the confidence, skills and backing they need to fulfil their dreams
- For Swindon it will develop a skilled local workforce to meet future industry demands
- For companies in Swindon support will strengthen corporate social responsibility outcomes through sponsoring local school children. Companies will also benefit from:
- termly updates on how their sponsored Scholar is progressing – we will endeavour to match a Scholar’s career aspirations to the industry type of the sponsor
- being able to offer work experience placements to their sponsored Scholar(s)
- having the opportunity to advertise jobs and internships to all of our alumni – over 3,000 undergraduates who are estimated to fall within the top 15% of graduates in the UK
- being named and thanked in our media campaign as well as on the Villiers Park Educational Trust website and social media sites
“I wholeheartedly support the Sponsor a Swindon Scholar Appeal.”
Nick Hewer, Adviser to Lord Sugar on The Apprentice and also C4 Countdown presenter
How you can help
We are asking local companies, organisations and individuals to support as many Swindon Scholars as they are able to at a cost of £1,245 per Scholar this year.
The following organisations are kindly supporting the Sponsor a Swindon Scholar Appeal.
It is essential that we secure funding to continue our work investing in young people and we would really appreciate your support in making this happen.
To find out more about this Appeal please contact the Development Team: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01223 872601.
If you, or your company, can support our work please Donate Now, and tick the ‘Sponsor a Scholar’ box so we know where to assign your sponsorship. Alternatively, please contact us to request an invoice.