What is the Villiers Park Scholars Programme?
The Scholars Programme is a true programme, working over a four-year time period to make a difference to young people in a coherent, meaningful and effective way by addressing all the obstacles that prevent success.
- It develops skills and attitudes as well as helping with exam grades – the two go hand in hand
- It provides personalised targeted support for each Scholar based on a plan established with their Learning Mentor
- It improves learning in the everyday classroom for Scholars and their peers, utilising our Advisory Service
- It enhances academic progress within intensive and challenging masterclasses and courses that promote a passion for learning
- It fosters social skills through taking part in residential activities and mixing with students from other schools
Our cohesive, comprehensive pathway is unique, with the Scholar at the centre of all we provide.
- Supporting Everyday Classroom Learning
- Residentials and Masterclasses
- Online Hub and Extension Activities
- Learning Mentor Meetings
- Career Opportunities and Employability Skills
- Access Bursaries
- Support for Families
- 2020 STEM Activities