Shaping Your Future
“Coming from a background where neither of my parents worked in the city, and as a family with no friends who are lawyers, being able to talk to Glyn in an informal way and get honest answers and help has been invaluable”
Laura, now taking her Graduate Diploma in Law
Access to some top professions is still highly determined by your background and who you know. We are tackling inequality in the UK workplace by helping young people get a head start while at University or having recently graduated.
Shaping Your Future is an initiative developed to help our undergraduate and recent graduate alumni identify the range of careers available and to drive their career forward.
As an alumni, you can obtain advice using our network of supporting organisations and fellow professional alumni.
Our mentors, who are from dozens of different industries and professions will:
- Give you a realistic insight into different career paths and how to pursue them
- Work with you to develop key employability skills, such as networking, interview techniques or CV writing
- Be a source of support and guidance as you take the first steps of your career
- Give you information on the types of job opportunities and placements that you could look for.
Whether you are at university or a recent graduate, this is how Shaping Your Future works:
- We have a range of volunteer mentors from numerous industries and professions. You can meet some of our career mentors and gain a better overview.
- If you’d like to register, complete the online ‘Request a Career Mentor’ form.
- We will then find you a suitable match and contact you when we’ve been successful
- You and the mentor then establish your working relationship. Our career mentoring guidance helps explain how this will work.
If you have any questions about Shaping Your Future, please call us on 01223 872601 or email Jack Jakins. We’ll be happy to help.
We are very grateful for the generous support from the Emma Campbell Trust.
Work placements, internships and graduate placements listed by Villiers Park Educational Trust are provided as a service for information only. Listings on this website do not imply that Villiers Park Educational Trust endorses or recommends any company, individual or institution described therein. Whilst Villiers Park Educational Trust exerts all reasonable effort to check the legitimacy of our listers and the validity of posted opportunities, placements and internships, information contained in the listings on this site are the responsibility of the lister. Villiers Park Educational Trust does not accept any responsibility for content, accuracy, suitability or availability of the listings. Any reliance you place on such material is therefore strictly at your own risk.