Become a Volunteer Career Mentor
If you are working and either you or your organisation are able to offer our alumni advice you may be interested in volunteering as a Career Mentor.
To date over 220 mentors have volunteered to provide careers advice and over 200 undergraduate alumni have signed up to the initiative. Mentors are finding that Shaping Your Future provides a fantastic opportunity for them to engage in volunteering without disrupting their work priorities. Mentors also find it helps to develop both professional and personal skills including organisation, confidence, motivation, enhanced CV and a feeling of reward from helping others, like you, to follow in your footsteps. We recently surveyed our mentors and discovered that:
- 95% of our mentors felt that they were making a difference helping their mentee decide on a career path
- 100% of our mentors found it was a cost effective way of volunteering
- 100% of our mentors would recommend our career mentoring initiative to others
- Over 95% of our mentees felt their mentor helped them choose their career path
If this sounds interesting, the next steps are:
- Please read our Frequently Asked Questions Flyer which covers, for example, how many hours you will need to offer; how many mentees you will have and what type of questions you will be asked
- If you are ready to volunteer please complete our Career Mentor survey or email our Development Team.
If you’d prefer to contact us directly or would like to tell us about your Villiers Park Educational Trust eperience please email the Development Team: email@example.com or telephone 01223 872601.
Villiers Park Educational Trust is acting purely as enablers of this Career Mentor scheme and is not in any circumstances liable to the mentor, mentee or to any third party for any loss, damage, cost or other liability which occurs as a result of or in connection with providing advice between the mentor and the mentee.
- The Mentor is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of any information provided to the mentee
- The Mentor will not in any circumstances be liable to the mentee or to any third party for any loss, damage, cost or other liability which occurs as a result of or in connection with providing advice to the Mentee.