Intensive residential course for A2 level Mathematics students applying to universities requiring the STEP examination.
Please note: This course is strictly limited to 12 spaces, so we encourage early applications for this popular course.
To prepare students for all papers of the STEP exam by
- Introducing strategies and techniques for approaching and solving problems.
- Showing how to recognise mathematical patterns and choose the best strategy.
- Demonstrating how to write rigorous mathematical proofs and check concepts.
- Linking concepts to develop mathematical thinking.
8 - 10 April 2019
- Students will be required to actively participate in seminars and to discuss and share ideas with other group members.
Chris Metcalfe studied for a PhD in the Department of Applied Maths and Theoretical Physics at the University of Cambridge. He is an experienced tutor and examiner for the STEP paper.
£220 to include tuition, course materials and accommodation.
"Really clear, and well explained and enjoyable."
"Very good methods of communicating ideas and highest quality teaching I’ve had."
Applications closing date
15 March 2019