“It has been one of the best five days of my life and certainly the best five days of my academic life.”
- Almost 26,000 students have benefited from our Inspiring Excellence Programme A-level courses, click here to find out more.
- 71% of mentees surveyed said having a Career Mentor has helped them follow their ideal career path, click here to find out more.
- “Villiers Park raises the aspirations of Scholars, encourages them to attend university and praises high academic achievement.” Click here to find out more.
Our education programmes help our beneficiaries to thrive and are improving social mobility.
- 87% of Inspiring Excellence Programme and 82% of Scholars Programme students went to university in 2016, click here for our impact
- We are reliant on donations to continue improving the life chances of young people - please click here to help us make a difference.
Far too many able young people substantially underachieve, particularly those from less advantaged backgrounds, creating a major block to improving social mobility in the UK. We are a national leader in tackling this problem - our transformational programmes inspire success.
What's going on at Villiers Park?
This week we are welcoming our Year 12 Scholars from Tyneside for their residential course ‘How to read the media’’. Scholars will develop an appreciation of different types of media and their relevance and application in society.
For anyone interested in supporting our work please visit our Friends of Villiers Park page.
As the country marks the centenary of the First World War we felt it appropriate to share a few stories with you, month by month, from September 1914 to 1918. Find out what our alumni were doing one hundred years ago by visiting our CHIN-WAG page.
The Norfolk Scholars Programme appears on ITV News Anglia
Our Norfolk Scholars Programme, run in partnership with the University of East Anglia, has appeared on ITV News Anglia in response to the report that states that ‘Norwich children ‘almost two years behind’ their peers’. As a result of the programme, which raises both aspirations and attainment, 100% of the Scholars interviewed said they are now intending to go to university. We are very proud of you all.
Watch the news clip here.
Read our impact report here.
The Autumn/Winter Newsletter is also available here.
- Trinity College Cambridge and Villiers Park Educational Trust join forces in first-of-its-kind partnership to boost students’ educational achievement
- Students’ applications to be incorporated into BBC micro:bit ecosystem
- Hastings Observer highlights success of Scholars Programme